I have never made Tres Leches Cake in my life, much less Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake. But it is Fall and it’s pumpkin everythang season so I had to go for it. I am fully embracing the Holiday spirit and wanted something different from the usual so this is my modern take on a traditional Latino recipe! The teaser tweets, Facebook post and video I shared on Instagram built up the suspense and I was dying to taste it. It smelled sooo good! I have to admit, I’m pretty proud of myself for this recipe. It is super easy and tastes good! I dare you to bring this cake for your holiday potlucks or dinner celebrations. You will look like a rockstar.
Easy Pumpkin Cake Ingredients
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 11 oz. pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or lightly spray bottom only of 13×9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Use a fork to make small holes all over the cake.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour syrup to soak the cake.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add a scoop of ice cream or whipped topping and serve!
Here’s my teaser video on Instagram!